Remaining at homeLiving in sheltered or retirement housingLiving in a care home
Help with home maintenanceHelp with aids or adaptations

Help with Aids or Adaptations

Help from Social Services

Limited financial help may be obtained from Social Services departments, usually for minor adaptations such as grab rails, or raised toilet seats. They may also assist with the funding of work not entirely covered by disabled facilities grants. You should apply to your Social Services department. But such grants are discretionary and most Social Services are very stretched financially.